Specialist in Market Research & Innovation, Integrated Communications, Brand Strategy and Story
Global planner and strategist specializing in research, innovation, communication and brand strategy.
Advises international brand and innovation consultancies, market research boutiques, and agencies on integrated campaigns, digital campaigns, cultural movements and advertising strategies.
Tish Vallés, Planning and Strategy Consultant—2007 to present
Works with Fortune 100 brands in a range of categories including food, beverage, beauty, baby care, health and wellness, oral care, luxury, home care, spirits, and pharmaceuticals.
Brand Genetics, NY, Associate Planning Director—2014 to present
- Engaged by the London-based insight and innovation boutique to increase US presence
- Client-facing, responsible for research design, fieldwork, analysis, presentation and workshops.
- Delivered brand positioning, product innovation & NPD, packaging design and communication platforms for Budweiser, Stella Artois,(Anheuser Busch) and Airwick (Reckitt Benckiser).
Agent A, NY, Moderator & Strategist—2013 to present
- Engaged by the creative strategy collective to enter the luxury, beauty and skincare category, engagements resulted in approximately $350K incremental revenue and relationships with significant players in the market.
- Responsible for design of innovative consumer engagement; moderation and analysis of online research, ethnographies, focus groups and stakeholder workshops.
- Delivered consumer insights, brand positioning and innovation strategies for Avon, Coty and Philosophy.
Strawberry Frog, NY, Freelance Group Planning Director—2009-2014 (numerous times)
- Responsibilities included designing a Frito-Lay Sabra communications development initiative that delivered $1M increase in agency revenue.
- Supported acquisition of global Pampers digital assignment.
- Delivered strategic direction for Tang digital campaign in Southeast Asia. Identified new brand positioning for Pepsi Frito-Lay’s Sabra and strategic direction for launch campaign of Sabra Salsa.
- Strategic lead for Hyatt in US launch of Vi Living brand, focused on holistic senior living solutions
Saatchi & Saatchi, NY, VP Planning Director—2011-2012
- Responsible for evolving brand architecture, purpose, equity, portfolio, and communications for Tide.
- Strategic lead for launch campaign for the partnership of two iconic brands: Tide and the NFL.
Ogilvy Healthworld, NY, Freelance Global Planning Director—2010
- Strategic lead for the global corporate brand campaign for Pfizer. Client-facing at most senior levels within Pfizer, Ogilvy and agency partners.
- Delivered strategic leadership resulting in seamless execution of integrated global campaign in the US, UK, Mexico and China.
Big Green Door, London/New York, Senior Strategist—2007-2010
- New York partner for the London-based brand strategy consultancy. Client-facing at C-suite levels.
- Focus: US-based global work for Johnson & Johnson health and wellness global innovation; Kraft portfolio management; PepsiCo global innovation in health & wellness via nonalcoholic adult drinks; and growth opportunity development and product design ideas for Starbucks and Lipton.
- Asia Pacific, Regional Planning Director, Jakarta, Singapore, Bangkok, Manila– 2001-2007
- Strategic lead on 360o communication for Dove, Huggies, Kotex, Comfort and Pond’s.
- Designed a discovery approach that unlocked the driving insight for Pond’s global brand strategy.
- Ogilvy Philippines, Strategic Planning Director/ Strategic Planner ––1995–2000
- Developed a Pond’s campaign which won a global Unilever campaign effectiveness award in 2002.
- Authored three of ten papers recognized as the best planning cases for Ogilvy Asia Pacific.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND VOLUNTEER WORK
Organizer & Programming Director, TEDxNewYorkSalons—2013–present
Lead a team of 10. Responsible for programming, facilitation salons, and brand experience for for NYC’s longest running and most active TEDx events program. Leadership has resulted in a 50% improvement in participant diversity and a 150% increase in our database year on year.
Co-founder, The Women’s Worldwide Web—2007 to present
Led the brand visioning and development of brand identity and language for the online platform dedicated to the educational and economic empowerment of the world's girls and women
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Games for Social Change, NY 2016; Creative Oklahoma, OK 2014; Social Media Week NY, 2013; TEDxEast, 2012; Hatch Asheville, April 2011; Appreciative Inquiry Summit, 2005; Taos Writing Salon, 2004; Wendy Gordon Courses in Qualitative Research, 2000; Strategic Marketing Master Class, 1998.
Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, University of the Philippines, Diliman.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
- Endlessly curious, a lifelong learner of people, culture, ideas and insight
- Facilitation, conversation and discussion to deepen understanding and spark cultural expansion and insight.
- Strong commitment to community and collaboration, driven to connect talent, ideas, and innovation.
- Poet and writer who maintains an active social media presence, currently working on first novel.
WHAT HAS BEEN SAID
Miles Young, Worldwide Chairman, Ogilvy: “Dearest Tish, You have been part of my life and Ogilvy's for many a year, in Manila, Singapore and in Bangkok. We will miss you not just for what you have done but for being Tish. You always imparted something very special: you are one of that gifted category of life enhancers."
Dagmara Sculze, Founding Partner, Chief Marketing Officer-Brand Advocate: “Tish is one of these unique planners who has the ability to distill complex data to formulate a crystal clear strategic vision for a brand. I had a pleasure to work with her on a consumer segmentation in the digital space where her skills were invaluable. She is super smart, creative and a real pleasure to work with. A great partner-in-crime for any creative or business minded account person!”
Jacob Perez, Group Planning Director: “Tish is a fantastic thinker. Her ability to think strategically and then layer deep expertise in people and culture make her a double threat and a great asset. It’s hard ignored someone like Tish; her creative energy injects life and excitement into every task. Tish is the perfect balance between brains and sensitivity. Working with her not only makes you smarter, it’s also a pleasure.”
John Shaw, Worldwide Planning Director, Ogilvy: “One sign of a great character is that it's easy to play the word association game when you think about them. For Tish, it doesn't take me long to come up with: vivacious, enthusiastic, funny, creative, warm, intelligent, curious, brave, and of course a reliable source for the latest gossip. These are all highly valuable qualities and will be greatly missed in Manila and all over Ogilvy AP."
Recognize these iconic brands Tish has worked on?