Entrepreneurial, collaborative and forward thinking marketer who delivers excellence in brand, commercial and innovation strategies. US-based, international experience, multi-cultural in approach and background.
Driven by curiosity and a tenacity for creative problem-solving that fuels growth.
Range of category expertise includes: skin care, beauty, baby care, beverages, barbecue, beer, luxury, home care, fashion, technology, pharma/health and wellness and social justice.
Unique international experience covering the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the UAE; speaks English, Filipino, and Spanish; taxi-conversant in French, Mandarin, Thai, Japanese, and Bahasa Indonesia.
A career solidly built on 15+ years of growth at Ogilvy, from local office Director of Strategic Planning, to Asia Pacific Regional Planning Director to Global Planning Director at Ogilvy New York. Worked at leading international communications agencies Ogilvy, BBDO and Saatchi.
Effective in business development from new business but equally and growth initiatives with existing business.
Strategic lead on global brands like Dove, Tang, Pampers, Tide, Kraft, Pfizer, Oral B, Budweiser, Huggies, and Johnson & Johnson; primary contact for clients and partners on strategy, consumer and shopper.
Clio award-winning copywriter and a Scholar award winning strategist for campaign effectiveness. Work has transformed some of the most iconic brands, Fortune 100 companies, as well as start-ups, small businesses and non-profits.
Advocate of brand as citizen and co-creator of culture. Lifelong learner about people, culture and brands–and the conversations that take place among them, the conversion of brand love to purchase.
Organizer of TEDxNewYorkSalon, the longest running and most active TEDx program in the world.
Co-founded a digital non-profit dedicated to the educational empowerment and economic inclusion of the world's girls and women.
A poet and writer currently completing her first novel.
Tish Vallés, Planning and Strategy Consultant—2007 to present
Work with Fortune 100 brands and companies in a range of categories including corporate brand, food, beverage, beauty, health and wellness, health services, luxury, financial services, and pharmaceuticals.
Geometry Global, EVP Head of Strategy Ohio—2016 to 2017
- On the pitch team that won the multi-brand, multi million dollar Chattem-Sanofi business for the organizations fourth largest office worldwide
- Delivered shopper strategies for Continental, Nestle, Electrolux, Chattem Allergy portfolio (Allegra)
Brand Genetics, NY, Associate Planning Director—2014 to 2016
- Engaged by the London-basedbranding boutique to establish US presence and brand position.
- Delivered brand positioning, product innovation & NPD, packaging design and communication platforms for Budweiser, Stella Artois,(Anheuser Busch) and Airwick (Reckitt Benckiser).
Agent A, NY, Moderator & Strategist—2013 to present
- Engaged by the creative strategy collective to enter the beauty and skincare category. Responsible for design of innovative client engagement, workshops and consumer research.
- Delivered consumer insights, brand positioning and innovation strategies for Avon and Philosophy.
- Consulting Brand Strategy Director for corporate brand strategies for GE innovation brands and the Bayer global insecticide brand portfolio.
- Exposure to the True North framework sharpened expertise in corporate brand strategy.
Strawberry Frog, NY, Freelance Group Planning Director—2009-2014 (numerous times)
- Work included a Frito-Lay Sabra brand strategy initiative that delivered $1M incremental revenue by expanding into the $1B Salsa category.
- Strategic lead for Hyatt in US launch of Vi Living brand extension, focused on senior living solutions.
Saatchi & Saatchi, NY, VP Planning Director—2011-2012
- Responsible for evolving brand architecture, purpose, equity, portfolio, and communications for Tide.
- Strategic lead for launch campaign for the partnership of two iconic brands: Tide and the NFL.
Ogilvy Healthworld, NY, Freelance Global Planning Director—2010
- Strategic lead for the global corporate brand campaign for Pfizer. Client-facing at most senior levels within Pfizer, Ogilvy and agency partners.
- Strategic leadership drove smooth execution of integrated campaign in the US, UK, Mexico and China.
Big Green Door, London/New York, US Brand Strategy Lead—2007-2010
- New York partner for the London-based brand strategy consultancy. Client-facing at C-suite levels.
- Focus: US-based global work for Johnson & Johnson health and wellness global innovation; Kraft portfolio management; PepsiCo global innovation in health & wellness via nonalcoholic adult drinks; and growth opportunity development and product design ideas for Starbucks and Lipton.
- Asia Pacific, Regional Planning Director, Jakarta, Singapore, Bangkok, Manila– 2001-2007
- Strategic lead on 360o communication for Dove, Huggies, Kotex, Comfort and Pond’s.
- Designed a discovery approach that unlocked the driving insight for Pond’s global brand strategy.
- Ogilvy Philippines, Strategic Planning Director/ Strategic Planner ––1995–2000
- Developed a Pond’s campaign which won a global Unilever campaign effectiveness award in 2002.
- Authored three of ten papers recognized as the best planning cases for Ogilvy Asia Pacific.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND VOLUNTEER WORK
Co-founder, The Women’s Worldwide Web—2007 to present
Led the brand visioning and development of brand position, dentity and language for the online platform dedicated to the educational and economic empowerment of the world's girls and women.
Organizer & Programming Director, TEDxNewYorkSalons—2013–present
Lead a team of 10. Responsible for programming, facilitation salons, and brand experience for for NYC’s longest running and most active TEDx events program. Leadership has resulted in a 50% improvement in participant diversity and a 150% increase in our database year on year.
Education and training
Games for Social Change, NY 2016; Creative Oklahoma, OK 2014; Social Media Week NY, 2013; TEDxEast, 2012; Hatch Asheville, April 2011; Appreciative Inquiry Summit, 2005; Taos Writing Salon, 2004; Wendy Gordon Courses in Qualitative Research, 2000; Strategic Marketing Master Class, 1998.
Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, University of the Philippines, Diliman.
Skills and interests
- Endlessly curious, a lifelong learner of people, culture, ideas and insight
- Facilitation, conversation and discussion to deepen understanding and spark cultural expansion and insight.
- Strong commitment to community and collaboration, driven to connect talent, ideas, and innovation.
- Poet and writer who maintains an active social media presence, currently working on first novel.
WHAT HAS BEEN SAID
Miles Young, Worldwide Chairman, Ogilvy: “Dearest Tish, You have been part of my life and Ogilvy's for many a year, in Manila, Singapore and in Bangkok. We will miss you not just for what you have done but for being Tish. You always imparted something very special: you are one of that gifted category of life enhancers."
Dagmara Sculze, Founding Partner, Chief Marketing Officer-Brand Advocate: “Tish is one of these unique planners who has the ability to distill complex data to formulate a crystal clear strategic vision for a brand. I had a pleasure to work with her on a consumer segmentation in the digital space where her skills were invaluable. She is super smart, creative and a real pleasure to work with. A great partner-in-crime for any creative or business minded account person!”
Jacob Perez, Group Planning Director: “Tish is a fantastic thinker. Her ability to think strategically and then layer deep expertise in people and culture make her a double threat and a great asset. It’s hard ignored someone like Tish; her creative energy injects life and excitement into every task. Tish is the perfect balance between brains and sensitivity. Working with her not only makes you smarter, it’s also a pleasure.”
John Shaw, Worldwide Planning Director, Ogilvy: “One sign of a great character is that it's easy to play the word association game when you think about them. For Tish, it doesn't take me long to come up with: vivacious, enthusiastic, funny, creative, warm, intelligent, curious, brave, and of course a reliable source for the latest gossip. These are all highly valuable qualities and will be greatly missed in Manila and all over Ogilvy AP."
Recognize these iconic brands Tish has worked on?